IOSH Working Safely
The IOSH Working Safely course offers health and safety basics - designed for people at any level in any sector, it meets the Government’s guidelines for introductory health and safety training.
IOSH Working Safely has been completely updated with a view to meeting the needs of the modern workplace.
We offer two modes of study for this course:
IOSH Working Safely e-learning
A unique web-based training course that you can study when you want, where you want, at the pace you want.
- Eight hours of online study and offline workbooks.
- Exam registration and fees included.
- Multiple choice exam conducted online upon completion of the course.
- Practical assessment completed offline and submitted to the Direct Study Centre for marking.
- Multiple user licences available.
IOSH Working Safely classroom learning
We also offer the course via classroom learning:
- A one-day course offering all the health and safety basics in a high impact, interactive package.
- Quality animated graphics created exclusively for the course.
- A presentation that's designed to be fun, and get people fully involved and interested.
- First class, jargon-free technical content based on what people need to know in practice, without off-putting legal language.
- Clear scenarios drawn from genuine work situations to drive home practical points.
- Assessments built into the day's training – no need for follow-on tests on separate days, taking up valuable work time.
This course will not turn your staff into safety experts but it will focus their minds to the important health and safety issues in your workplace, and show them the part that they play in keeping themselves and others safe at work. Having successfully completed the course, candidates will be issued with either an IOSH Working Safely Certificate or a credit card sized ‘Passport’ card.
The classroom course can be run on an in-company basis as it offers a very cost-effective means of addressing the needs of many employees. In addition, the material can be tailored to the needs of the individual organisation. The e-learning version of the course can also be tailored to an individual company's needs, and our multiple licenses packages provide a very cost effective way of training multiple staff.
Module 1: Introducing working safely
- How individuals can reduce the chance of being injured, injuring someone else, or damaging their own or someone else’s health
- Benefits of working safely
- Responsibilities for health and safety at work
Module 2: Defining hazard and risk
- Hazard definition and common examples
- Main hazard categories and potential harms
- Hazards and risks that are not easily identifiable
- Definitions of risk
- Deciding what action to take on risks
Module 3: Identifying common hazards
- Overview of common hazards
- Ways of controlling hazards
Module 4: Improving safety performance
- Key elements of a health and safety management system
- Systems and procedures
Module 5: Protecting our environment
- Definition of environment
- Air, water and land pollution
- Pollution minimisation
- Waste minimisation
- Emergency planning and emergency procedures
- Reporting and enforcement of environmental concerns
- Responsibilities of employer and employee
- Steps individuals can take to minimise pollution and waste
Who this course is for
IOSH Working Safely is for those staff who are exposed to common workplace hazards on a day-to-day basis, and who need a basic grounding in the essentials of health and safety. This course is therefore especially suited to operatives within most organisations as it covers a broad range of common workplace hazards. It is especially useful when something more than a very short health and safety induction is required.
Why train with Workplace Law?
- We have been an accredited IOSH Working Safely training provider for over ten years.
- Our course tutors offer a wealth of knowledge and practical experience.
- The Workplace Law Executive Centre, our unique training centre in Clerkenwell, London, offers an enhanced learning experience using state of the art technology.
- Our award-winning e-learning courses are one of the most interactive and exciting on the market.
Download more information on our IOSH Working Safely course or call us on 0871 777 8881 where our team will be happy to discuss your IOSH training requirements.