IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management
IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management from £369.10 + VAT
The IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management is one of the UK's most sought-after qualifications for organisations and individuals looking to get to grips with the basics of environmental management.
The course is designed to raise your competence if you are new to environmental management or if you have a wide range of premises and facilities management responsibilities.
This IEMA Foundation Certificate is a recognised qualification that will help you:
- understand the importance of integrating environmental issues into the business process and the potential business benefits of doing so;
- have an appreciation of the driving forces leading the introduction of environmental management systems into an organisation and their potential benefits;
- outline the structure of environmental legislation;
- understand the potential impact of key pieces of legislation on business;
- appreciate the role of the key regulatory agencies;
- outline how an environmental review is conducted;
- identify significant environmental impacts of organisations;
- understand the purpose and nature of an environmental audit, and how an audit is carried out; and
- demonstrate an understanding of the key elements of ISO 14001.
The IEMA Certificate qualification gives you:
- an appreciation of environmental issues;
- an understanding of the ways in which an organisation impacts on the environment ;
- an appreciation of how environmental issues can be incorporated into the management of an organisation;
- an understanding of environmental legislation;
- an awareness of the means of assessing an organisation's environmental performance; and
- an understanding of the ways in which an Environmental Management System operates.
IEMA Foundation Certificate with Workplace Law Environmental
Workplace Law Environmental offers two modes of study for the IEMA Foundation Certificate:
This is a four-day course, which takes place in central London. Perfect for those who need more structure and guidance during their studies.
This is a unique e-learning course that you can study when you want, where you want. Our e-learning course is a popular and cost effective alternative for organisations with several members of staff looking to get certified.
Module 1: Sustainable business thinking
Module 2: Legislation
Module 3: Tools for the assessment and interpretation of environmental performance
Module 4: Environmental Management Systems
Assessment is by an end examination comprising of short answer questions and one written paper.
Workplace Law wins Award for IEMA e-learning
Workplace Law’s Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management won a Silver Award in the 2011 E-Learning Age Awards, in the Best online distance learning programme category.
Guaranteed pass scheme
Study with Workplace Law Environmental and benefit from our guaranteed pass scheme. Our guaranteed pass scheme means that all students who have taken the IEMA Foundation Certificate with Workplace Law will be given full access to our e-learning course until they have passed their final assessments.
Click here» for further details.
Calculating our environmental footprint
We are currently implementing ISO 14001 into our organisation, and as a result of an environmental audit we have made the decision to move to a virtually paperless system for our environmental courses.
Click here>> to read about how we calculated the cost of our environmental footprint and consequently took measures to reduce it. You can rest assured that by studying with Workplace Law, your training is being provided in a responsible and sustainable way, using forward-thinking and efficient technology to improve the learning experience, whilst not at the expense of our environment.
For more information on our IEMA courses call today on 0871 777 8881.