- Course duration:
- 1 day
- Delivery method:
- In-house course price:
- Call to discuss
0871 777 8881
This interactive in-house seminar is designed to help you understand all of the right steps you need to take before terminating an employment contract for reason of redundancy – as failure to follow the correct procedures can lead to unnecessary litigation and prove to be a costly error.
Are you looking to cut costs by reducing your workforce, including making staff redundant? Have you already made cuts, but are wondering about your legal responsibilities as an employer? Have you followed, or are you planning to follow, the correct redundancy process? Or are you concerned that you may be at risk of receiving an Employment Tribunal claim?
Workplace Law’s Managing Redundancy Seminar answers all of these questions and more. The guidance offered at this seminar will save you time and money by avoiding the expense and preparation involved with Employment Tribunals.
The half-day session will cover:
- Legal context of redundancy including costs of getting it wrong.
- Selection process.
- Suitable and alternative employment.
- Redundancy payments and trial periods.
The full day session will be able to cover the above in more detail as well as:
- How to deliver the news of redundancy.
- The emotional issues for staff and the managers.
- Survivor syndrome and looking after those left.
Why train with Workplace Law?
If your organisation has to carry out a redundancy or restructuring programme then it is vital that this process is managed in a planned way and that all risks of litigation are reduced as much as possible.
Workplace Law’s HR trainers are qualified and experienced HR practitioners with many years’ experience of managing change programmes. We appreciate that for your managers to understand these complex issues then the training must be both interesting and memorable. We use real life examples and case studies which always fascinate delegates and we ensure that everyone is involved in the lively discussions. The trainer will also make sure s/he understands the context of your particular organisation so that the content will be appropriate and relevant for your managers.
- This course will help prepare managers for dealing with redundancy whilst understanding the potential pitfalls.
- Understanding the correct steps to take through the redundancy process and being aware of your legal responsibilities will help your organisation avoid unnecessary and costly litigation, low team morale, bad publicity and potentially damaging Employment Tribunals.
- This in-house course can be customised to meet the needs of your business to help you save time and money.